Your total fund at
retirement will be $
Without fees the total value of your fund would have been $
You have paid for your fund manager's new car with fees of $
How fees reduce your fund size over time
The Impact of Fees
This calculator highlights the effect fees can have your overall return over time.
As you can see from the calculations above, a % fee translates into an % reduction in the value of your investments by age .
- Reinvestment of investment returns
- Earnings are displayed before tax. You will need to take into account that investment returns may be added to your taxable income and taxed at your marginal tax rate.
- You will use the input fields to enter fee amounts and a long-term investment return that reflects the fund you are investing in. This information can be found in the PDS.
- The projected balance does not take into account the effect of inflation
- The 'No fees' amount indicates how much extra you could have had in your investment account if you had not paid any fees
- No allowance has been made for the following fees and costs, should they apply to your fund:
- buy / sell spreads
- performance fees
- switching fees
- termination fees
- A model not a prediction. Results are only estimates, the actual amounts may be higher or lower. We cannot predict things that will affect your decision such as movements in investment markets.
- This calculator does not take into account brokerage or other fees that may be charged when managed funds are bought or sold on an exchange.
- This calculator is not intended to be your sole source of information when making a financial decision. You should consider whether you should get advice from a licensed financial adviser.
- Actual returns will be less consistent than the assumed fixed yearly growth
- Assumed that all returns are reinvested
- Tax is ignored on investment returns
- This calculator simply provides a model NOT a prediction
- Brokerage costs are not included in the calculations